Tuesday, February 07, 2006

What the...??!!

This entry is solely based on the imaginations, thoughts and reflections of the writer. It bears not relations, or is nor an advertisement campaign by the National Environment Agency (NEA).

My beauty sleep was interuppted by one of the NEA officer this morning. After pressing the bell for thrice(I think), and no one to entertain him, he continued to press. WTH? And it was 10 something! C'mon la, I know u are a very efficiency NEA officer, but don u think that it's kinda rude?
I opened the door with my lousy attitude and messy hair.
(We had a mandarin conversation)
SY: Yes?
Officer (OF): Oh, I'm here to do some checking with regards to the dengue fever. Can I come in and have a quick check?
SY: Er..U hold on.
and unfortunately, no one is at home. So my mind told me not to let the efficiency uncle in.
SY:Oh..Sorry.. No one is at home.
OF: Er..Not even one? Just go in and have a quick check. Very fast de.
SY: cannot.
OF: Oh..Okay. Later den I come over? Around 7 or 8 pm?
SY: cannot la..Think around 9pm bah. Coz my parent reached home around this time.
OF: Huh.. Like that ar. Coz the second storey got people kana dengue fever la. So, I need to do
the checking. Other blocks we had to check also.
SY: oh. My family members last time also kana dengue wat.
OF: Did we went in and check before?
SY: yah.
OF: Hmm..Okay...So, I come back around night ar. Not today la, next time.
SY: Huh? Oh. Okay
OF: so, around 7 or 8 like that ar.
SY: cannot! My parent are not at home during that time!
OF: Hm.. Den if like that after 3 times and we still cant go in and check, we had to put up a notice outside ur door.
SY: Huh? But I did gave u a reason why u cant come in and check, it's not like I purposely don let u in!
OF: Oh. Den I had to talked to my supervisor. (or someone higher ranking than him)
I closed the door *roll eyes* and trying to get back to sleep.
It's good that they go round asking citizens to open doors to have a quick check. It's good that they are efficiency enough to check on the disease Dengue Fever when our beloved neighbour is being diagnosed in. It's good that they concern about the citizens.
WTH?!
My parent are not at home, and I refused to let u in. Isn't it obvious to you that I dont trust u? And u still insisted me to let you in. The most ridiculous is that, when I told u my parent will be free only from 9pm onwards, and u keep making my appointment YOURSELF at 7 or 8. I thought NEA is very concern about Singapore residents' environment and it make some sense to me that you are available at any time if u really wanna deal with the dengue.