Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Last Office.
It was totally shock for me today! Even though I've mention that im not going to say anything regarding my attachment. However, this time I JUST FEEL LIKE WRITING JUST THIS ENTRY TODAY!
I was on the morning shift today, so I will be dealing loads loads loads of bed bathing, showering and things like that. So, when my fren, EN and I were doing bed bathing for her coz she's having high fever and was already in unconscious state. So, we did our part by changing the bed sheet, diapers and clean her.
I think after 30 mins, the patient's daughter called us to change her diapers again as the faeces flow out of her pants. So, we(Nad+I+Avd Dip) quickly get the stuff we need den went to the bed and carried on what we needed to do.
When the patient turn to my side while we were changing, I sense something wrong. The patient ain't breathing! I was in denial as the body is still warm. However, when I observed the patient again, I told the Avd Dip(AD), "I think she's not breathing."
AD quickly ask Nad to take the SPO2 machine to take for her oxygen level. There's no reading. After that, the AD and SN and Doc started to do use some machine which we nair learn before. I kept praying silently for the patient not to go yet, not to go yet, not to go yet.
My heart sunk when the doc were not doing anything. When the doc talk to the daughter, she cried bitterly running inside and calling for her mother. It was totally a heart-sunken moment,we were all standing down there, doing nothing. I was feeling so helpless.
I still remember that on my first attachment day, she was still happily talking to her family members and eating. Now she's gone. It happened so fast and so unexpected.
May she rest in peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home